Thursday, October 26, 2006

Day 15 (10-26-06) (70F)

If you read the previous post, I talked about there being floating particles consistantly spread about 1/2 inch beneath the surface.
Over the past week, they have steadily decended futher and further down.
It is very difficult to get a ood picture of them since they are so difficult to see... so I apologize for not having any picture to show as reference.
When I checked today, they are sitting about 2 inches from the bottom.

My theory about these particles is: They are heavier than the clearing wort at the top but lighter than the unclear wort further down in the container. So like oil and water, these particles are sitting on the mass that is more dense than itself. These particles are floating on this Heavy Wort.
I find this phenomenon helpful in that it shows that the crud is settling out and the wort is clearing. It shows me exactly where the progress is. I have watch it fall all week.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?